Easy Greek Salad
This classic Greek salad recipe consist of tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, feta, oregano and gets a crunchy boost from romaine lettuce. Try it with some braised lamb or as a starter for your next Greek meal.
To see this recipe with illustrated steps, check out The Basics: How to Make a Greek Salad.
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces, washed, and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and large dice
- 1 medium English cucumber, large dice
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 medium lemon), plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1Place the lettuce in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and onion; set aside.
- 2Place the oil, measured lemon juice, oregano, measured salt, and pepper to taste in a small, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Taste and season with additional lemon juice, salt, or pepper as needed. Sprinkle with the feta and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved