The unique flavor of Bergamot is enhanced by the addition of fresh orange zest in these delightful muffins while the savory flavor of black tea is sweetened with a touch of honey. It’s like having that perfect cup of morning tea…in food form.
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the muffin pan (approx 12 muffin cups) with butter.
- 2Warm milk in microwave or gently on stove top until it reaches between 130-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Steep tea in the hot milk for approximately 5 minutes then squeeze out excess tea from bags and allow milk to cool as you assemble the other ingredients. (If there is less than 1 cup of milk left add milk as needed to make one full cup)
- 4In a medium sized bowl combine both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt
- 5In a large bowl combine the milk/tea mixture with the egg, butter, honey, and orange zest.
- 6Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir just to combine.
- 7Divide mixture evenly amongst muffin cups (filling about 3/4 of the cup) and bake in pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, preferably on a rainy day.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.