Earl Grey and Honey Muffins Recipe
The unique flavor of Bergamot is enhanced by the addition of fresh orange zest in these delightful muffins while the savory flavor of black tea is sweetened with a touch of honey. It’s like having that perfect cup of morning tea…in food form.
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3 Earl Grey tea bags or 3 teaspoons of loose leaf earl grey
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the muffin pan (approx 12 muffin cups) with butter.
- Warm milk in microwave or gently on stove top until it reaches between 130-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Steep tea in the hot milk for approximately 5 minutes then squeeze out excess tea from bags and allow milk to cool as you assemble the other ingredients. (If there is less than 1 cup of milk left add milk as needed to make one full cup)
- In a medium sized bowl combine both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In a large bowl combine the milk/tea mixture with the egg, butter, honey, and orange zest.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly amongst muffin cups (filling about 3/4 of the cup) and bake in pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, preferably on a rainy day.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.