Main Line Wine Recipe
Adapted from "Mr. Boston Summer Cocktails"
Somewhere between Sangría and Planter’s Punch, the flavor of this refreshing cocktail pops thanks to Yellow Chartreuse and Grand Marnier. It’s a guaranteed way to keep your guests cool at your next barbecue.
This recipe was featured as part of our Wine Cocktails recipe slideshow.
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Cabernet Sauvignon, chilled
- 16 ounces aged rum, chilled
- 12 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 8 medium lemons), chilled
- 12 ounces Simple Syrup, chilled
- 3 ounces Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 6 dashes Orange Bitters
- 6 thinly sliced orange wheels, halved, for garnish
Place all of the ingredients in a punch bowl and stir to combine. Add a large block of ice
and serve in highball glasses filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of orange.