We love Pho but are often short on time.
This comes together very quickly as most prep can be done while broth ingredients simmer. Oyster sauce adds a depth of flavour and lends some sweetness to the broth.
This is my shortcut Pho recipe:
- 1In a large saucepan, combine all Broth ingredients and, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 mins.
- 2While broth simmers, slice chicken and prepare noodles and garnishes. Use hot water you drain from the noodles to keep your serving bowls warm.
- 3Once broth has simmered for 15 minutes, using tongs, remove green onions, ginger and cilantro sprigs and discard. Increase heat to medium high then add chicken and stir until cooked through. Approx 4-5 mins.
- 4Place noodles in warmed bowls and top w chicken and broth.
- 5Top w garnishes of your choice.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.