A very simple way to cook chicken breasts where they come out tender, moist and full of flavor.
- 1Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or deep casserole dish that has a cover
- 2Season flour with 1 tsp each paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- 3dredge chicken in seasoned flour
- 4fry chicken in the oil until just golden on each side. You dont want to cook it through, just want some color on it and to cook the flour. Set aside
- 5Saute the onions, celery and garlic in the pan until starting to soften
- 6add the chicken back into the pan along with carrots and potatoes
- 7add the chicken broth
- 8sprinkle with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and Herb de Provence
- 9break the rosemary sprigs in half and add to the pan sticking them into wherever they will fit.
- 10cover and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- 11removed, serve chicken, carrots & potatoes and top chicken with a spoon full of the pan juice.
- 12Optional: Strain the pan juice, make a rough with 1 tblspoon butter 1 tblspoon of oil. Pour the strained juice into the rough, bring to a boil and season to taste. This makes a great gravy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.