One Pot Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
A very simple way to cook chicken breasts where they come out tender, moist and full of flavor.
- 4 Chicken Breasts (4 double breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, cleaned, chopped
- 5 large carrots cut into 1 inch long pieces
- 6-8 medium sized red potatos, cleaned, halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, rough chopped
- 1 cup of seasoned flour
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or deep casserole dish that has a cover
- Season flour with 1 tsp each paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- dredge chicken in seasoned flour
- fry chicken in the oil until just golden on each side. You dont want to cook it through, just want some color on it and to cook the flour. Set aside
- Saute the onions, celery and garlic in the pan until starting to soften
- add the chicken back into the pan along with carrots and potatoes
- add the chicken broth
- sprinkle with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and Herb de Provence
- break the rosemary sprigs in half and add to the pan sticking them into wherever they will fit.
- cover and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- removed, serve chicken, carrots & potatoes and top chicken with a spoon full of the pan juice.
- Optional: Strain the pan juice, make a rough with 1 tblspoon butter 1 tblspoon of oil. Pour the strained juice into the rough, bring to a boil and season to taste. This makes a great gravy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.