We made Chicken Oscar for our Academy Awards party. But then we realized we had leftover flattened chicken? What’s a guy to do? We were craving something South of the Border, and this amazing feature length entree was born!
- 1Take two large sheets of plastic wrap, and set each chicken breast in it. Fold the wrap over so the breast is covered completely. Using a rolling pin, flatten each breast, starting from the thickest part, until it is about 1/2 inch even on all sides.
- 2Unwrap each breast and lay about 3 to 4 tbsp of the shredded cheddar near one end. Then roll the breast from that end, wrapping the cheese inside. Secure shut with two or three toothpicks.
- 3Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, cumin, pepper, and salt in a shallow dish.
- 4Melt all but 2 Tbsp of the butter. Roll each of the rolled breasts in butter, then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- 5Drizzle each breast with some of the leftover melted butter.
- 6Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
- 7When there is about 7 minutes left of cooking time for the Chicken, begin your cheese sauce. Make a roux over medium heat, of the 2 Tbsp. remaining butter, and the 2 Tbsp flour.
- 8After a minute or two, and the flour being cooked, add 1 cup milk and simmer.
- 9Turn heat to low and lowly add the remaining sharp cheddar, a pinch of cumin, a pinch of pepper, and chili powder if you wish. Season to taste.
- 10Remove chicken from oven and plate. Top with cheese sauce and the green chilies for garnish. Serve with warm flour tortillas. Enjoy
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.