I don’t usually cook with chicken breasts because they aren’t packed with flavor and tend to dry out easily. When I do have them in the fridge I usually bread them and use them for sandwiches. I wanted to elevate the breaded chicken breast sandwich to another level. Here’s how I did it.
- 1Salt and pepper chicken breast. Dredge first in flour, then egg and finally bread crumbs.
- 2Heat medium sized cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil and fry chicken breast on each side until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.
- 3Combine chopped Vietnamese coriander with mayonnaise and stir to combine. Fry up the diced chorizo in a cast-iron pan for a few minutes to crisp it up, then add to mayonnaise mixture. Reserve rendered chorizo fat.
- 4Slice one 3×6 inch piece of focaccia in half lengthwise. Spread with mayonnaise mixture.
- 5Lay chicken breast atop mayonnaise mixture, then cheese atop the chicken breast. Finally place the other piece of focaccia bread on top.
- 6Re-heat cast iron pan to medium and grill the focaccia for about 5 minutes on each side in the rendered chorizo oil. Press down to ensure the cheese melts thoroughly. Focaccia crust should be slightly charred and crispy. Slice in half and enjoy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.