Bacon-topped cheesy chicken breasts Recipe
This is a simple, 3-ingredient dish that is more than the sum of its parts. Make the most of the delicious sauce by serving over rice, mashed potato, or couscous.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
- 8-oz. container of flavored cream cheese, either chive/onion or garden vegetable
- Flatten each breast by putting it into a plastic bag and hitting with a rolling pin or food mallet/pounder.
- Underside facing up, put about 2Tbsp cream cheese on each piece of chicken and roll up. Place seam-side down in a 9×13 baking dish, leaving space between pieces and the sides of the pan. Lay two half-slices of bacon lengthwise over the top of each chicken roll.
- Bake at 400 for 35-45 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the chicken golden.
- Place each piece of chicken onto a serving plate atop a mound of rice, mashed potato, or couscous. With a rubber spatula, stir the pan juices to blend the bacon drippings with the melted cheese, being sure to incorporate the fond at the edges. Distribute this sauce over the chicken.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.