I just don’t think you can go wrong with the combination of apples, cinnamon and raisins. In fact, if you are baking egg-free sweet breads, cakes and muffins, apples are one of your best culinary friends. They help to bind and add texture and flavor that is not too overpowering (you could use an extra pinch of cinnamon if you wanted more of a kick) and create a light springy texture. If you need to whip up a treat for anyone with food allergies, these are fantastic. I have to say, though, I served these up to a ton of my toxic omnivore friends and they gobbled them up with glee.
- 1Preheat oven to 180 C / 325 F.
- 2Mix together all of the wet ingredients in your stand mixer.
- 3Sift together all of the dry ingredients then add to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth and well combined.
- 4Cook for about 30–40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- 5Allow to cool completely.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.