Had a not so good recipe my friends at Chow helped me fix and I tell you, they are good muffins now! Moist, healthy, and a little sweet surprise in the middle.
- 1Preheat to 425. Combine goat or cream cheese with the agave or honey and 1/4 tsp of vanilla. Set aside, this is a filling and should be thick.
- 2Mix all dry indgredient but the dried fruit.
- 3Lightly beat the eggs and add all other wet ingredients (but not the filling).
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the dried fruit of choice.
- 5Fill muffin tins 1/2 way. Make generous tsp balls of the filling and place 1 in the middle of each muffin. Cover with remaining batter.
- 6Bake until edges start to brown and the tops spring back when gently pressed – 10 minutes in my oven on convection.
- 7Let cool 5 minutes in pan before turning out on a wire rack.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.