Not Southern Greens Recipe
I’m from the South and thought there should be more to greens than turning them into mush cooked in pork fat! This is from my kitchen.
- 1 Bunch of Turnip, Collard, Kale, any Greens (for every two servings)
- 4-5 Chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 C Minced Onion
- Minced Garlic to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Sugar
- 2 T Apple Cidar Vinegar
- Optional - Balsamic Vinegar
- Bring large pot of water to rapid boil. Rinse greens. Remove from tough stems and tear into large pieces. Blanch 2 minutes and rinse in cold water. Blanching removes bitterness.
- Saute onion and garlic along with sun dried tomatoes. in the olive oil
- Add greens and remaining ingredients to pan, toss, turn down to low, and cook greens to the tenderness you like. Taste to adjust salt and sugar (sugar cuts the vinagars bitterness). I usually cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Optional: Serve with balsamic vinegar
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.