Easy Shrimp Scampi
CHOW Food Team
The perfect shrimp scampi recipe calls for a simple mix of garlic, shrimp, butter and wine. It’s a delicious 15-minute recipe that can be served over pasta or as a first course with crusty bread and a Caesar Salad.
To see this recipe with illustrated steps, check out The Basics: How to Make Shrimp Scampi.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 pound raw, peeled, deveined shrimp with tails on (thawed, if frozen)
- Pasta, crusty bread, or rice, for serving (optional)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- 1Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 2Add the wine or vermouth and cook until the alcohol smell has cooked off, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until pink and opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Serve over pasta, crusty bread, or rice, if desired, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved