This zesty carrot, broccoli and bean shoot salad fits the piggy bill, with a well coated mix of carrots, broccoli, cucumber and bean shoots that creates a crunchy tangy taste sensation that is perfect for those Summer barbecues we all look back on fondly once the warm weather has long gone and the Winter chill sets in. What I love about salads is that they are so simple; and offer infinite possibilities for allergy-friendly meals the whole family can enjoy. You can dress this salad up with some chopped raw nuts and seeds. But as this recipe stands, it is a fantastic vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free and nut-free salad that keeps me in love with raw vegetables.
- 1Toss all of the vegetables together with the cilantro.
- 2Place all of the dressing ingredients except the chili and garlic in your blender and pulse a few times until well combined.
- 3Then stir in the garlic and chili.
- 4Pour the dressing over the salad and season to taste.
- 5Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped raw nuts if desired. YUM!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.