Chocolate-Amaretto Valentine Mousse Recipe
About 6 Adult Servings.
This the dessert I made for Valentine’s. This the real deal. Not those “Just add Milk” instant desserts. The recipe is fairly difficult, and I would recommend person to help for your first attempt. The ingredient list is big and intimidating at first, but a little prep, and cordination will make the recipe easier.
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter or margarine
- 5 tablespoons of amaretto
- 9 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- A dash of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of amaretto(again)
- 1 package of unflavored gelatin
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of sugar(again)
- First add the butter and first measurement of amaretto on a double boiler. Then add the chocolate chips, cinamon, and cocoa powder. Whisk until chocolate mixture until combined. Set aside in another bowl, and wash the double boiler.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, the first measurement of sugar, and the cream. Set aside. In another bowl add last measurement of amaretto and unflavored gelatin. Combine the two in the double boiler. Whisk constantly until the custard coats the back of a spoon. Put the custard in a large bowl with ice water.Combine the chocolate mix and custard mix, not letting it set.
- In a metal bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add last measurement of sugar, beating until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Lastly, fold 2/3 of the meringue into the chocolate custard. Add the last of the meringue into the mix. Do not overmix, that would devolumized the mousse. Spoon into fancy glasses
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved