Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
We up the savory flavors of sometimes bland ground turkey by adding umami boosters like Worcestershire, soy sauce, and Parmesan cheese. For this easy meatloaf, just mix all of the ingredients together, bake, and serve with green beans, mashed potatoes, and turkey gravy for a hearty comforting dinner.
- Unsalted butter or cooking spray, for coating the pan
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated on the small holes of a box grater
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray; set aside.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix, using clean hands, until combined (don’t squeeze or overwork). Transfer the mixture to the pan, spread to the edges, and smooth out the top. Bake until cooked through, about 50 to 60 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.