Gusto Pizza Recipe
A vegetarian version of my favourite pizza! Crispy basil replaces prosciutto.
- 1 whole wheat ball of proofed pizza dough
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small thinly sliced onion
- 2/3 cup fig jam
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup fresh sweet basil leaves, whole
- 1 1/2 cups gorgonzola
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- Cut the pizza dough in half and roll out to make 2 thin crust pizzas. Bake in a 350 oven for 6 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Spread half the fig jam on each pizza and return to the oven until dough is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, crisp up the basil leaves in the olive oil. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Season with salt to taste.
- In a separate pan, caramelize onion in the butter.
- Divide the onions, basil leaves, gorgonzola and arugula between both pizzas. Squeeze half of each lemon over pizzas. Slice and serve!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.