Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This is the first meal my boyfriend learned to cook. It’s incredibly and so tasty you won’t miss the “spaghetti”!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tbps olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn, or 1 1/2 corn husks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup black olives
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar or more to taste
- Cook the spaghetti squash: Cut the squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, pierce it with a fork and place it cut side down in a glass baking dish. Add a bit of water to the dish so that it covers the bottom, and bake for about an hour at 375.
- While the squash is cooling, sauté the onion and garlic in the oil until soft. Add the corn, peppers, halved cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the squash is cool enough to handle, scrape out the squash from the shell and add to pan. heat for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Toss in the basil and the balsamic vinegar. Serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.