Peanut Butter Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Inspired by leftover frozen pumpkin from autumn, a love for peanut butter, and a look in the cabinets, I created this recipe on a cold night.
- 2 c. pumpkin, cooked and pureed
- 1 and 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. natural peanut butter
- 1 c. red lentils
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. white or brown rice
- 1 green onion
- Begin to cook rice according to package directions. Add half of the sliced carrot, half of the lentils (1/2 c.) and 1/2 c. water in with the rice. Let this all cook together until rice is done. Set aside and add in the green onion to allow it to cook slightly.
- Boil 1 c. water, milk, peanut butter, the remaining half of the carrot, and salt until carrot is desired tenderness.
- Puree the pumpkin mixture.
- Mix together and serve or layer, serving the rice on top of the pumpkin mixture. Yogurt is a nice topping.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.