Like a burrito in a bowl, this dish is great for vegetarians who are hungry for Mexican or for those who are trying to lose weight and are looking for a filling meal. Serve a big salad on the side. Also great to make the morning before and pop it in the oven when you get home.
- 1Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 2-quart rectangular, round or oval baking dish with cooking spray
- 2In a large bowl, combine rice, salsa and cumin. Spoon 1/2 of rice mixture into prepared baking dish and spread out to evenly cover bottom of dish.
- 3In another large bowl, combine refried beans, black beans, corn, chili peppers and chili power. Using a rubber spatula, scrape bean mixture on top of rice layer and smooth out top.
- 4Squeeze out any excess water from spinach then spread on top of bean layer; sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese. Top with remaining rice mixture and smooth out top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5Place casserole on a large rimmed baking sheet to catch any spillage. Bake until heated through and cheese is browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and dollop of sour cream (if desired), cut into 6 pieces and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.