Cauliflower Green Curry Recipe
Thanks to prepared Thai green curry paste, this satisfying dish comes together quickly once the vegetables are prepped.
This recipe was featured as part of our Winter Ingredients photo gallery.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 (13- to 14-ounce) can unsweetened regular or light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup packed Thai basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Steamed white or brown rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and 1 teaspoon of the salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste, stirring to coat the onions, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, water, soy sauce, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, stir to combine, and bring to a lively simmer.
- Add the cauliflower, chickpeas, and green beans and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover with a tightfitting lid, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil leaves and lime juice. Taste and season with more salt as needed. Serve with steamed rice.