Hummus Wraps Recipe
depends on how much filling you use
got this idea from a small stand at my University. they make something similar, but with less ingredients, and more cost.
i figured i could make something tastier and cheaper! enjoy!
- 1 box of hummus mix (like Fantastic Foods)- or make your own
- 1 pkg. bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 large Japanese cucumber, or English cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bag mixed greens, washed
- 1/2 pound of white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 pkg. alfalfa sprouts, cleaned
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- taco sauce
- prepare the hummus to the package directions… or make your own hummus using CHOW’s recipe (http://www.chow.com/recipes/28598-basic-hummus)
- briefly heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. enough to soften them so they don’t break when handled.
- place 3-4 tablespoons of hummus on the middle section of the tortilla, leaving 2 inches of space at the bottom
- add about 1 tablespoon each of all the vegetables
- wrap up like a burrito. continue making wraps until you run out of the ingredients.
- add taco sauce if you like, and eat.
- this can be made a day or 2 ahead. you can make a bunch of them, and wrap in saran wrap to keep in the fridge for a quick on the go snack.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved