This is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. You can add a variety of vegetables to make it healthier. Also, it is easy to sub. low-fat cheese, because you won’t even notice the lack with all the other flavors going on.
- 11. Slice onion, jalapeño and green pepper. Sauté in oil in large saucepan over medium heat until softened but still slightly crisp, 5-7 minutes. Add corn and heat through. Season with ground cumin and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat.
- 22. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 33. Using 8×10″ pan, cut 3 tortillas to cover bottom of pan. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine salsa and refried beans. Spread beans over tortillas and top with half of the cheese.
- 44. Top with another layer of tortillas and green bean/onion mixture. Top with final layer of tortillas, and thinly sliced tomatoes. Cover with remaining cheese.
- 55. Bake, covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking another 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown.
- 6Serve topped with cilantro.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.