Superfood Miso Noodles Recipe
This is a super easy lunch dish loaded with fresh greens and veggies. I have eaten this, or a version of it almost every day for lunch for the past five years. It is always filling and satisfying, but doesn’t weigh you down. It’s loaded with fiber, antioxidents and probiotics (from the fermented miso paste.)
- 1 Cup Napa Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Carrot, Julienned
- 1 Cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 Cup fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 2 servings of soba noodles
- 10- Ounces Tofu *See Note
- 2 Tablesoons fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons Miso Paste
- Place cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts in a medium stock pot. Cover with 5 cups water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add spinach, soba noodles and tofu. Boil an additional 3 minutes.
- Ladle 1 small scoop of broth into two bowls. Add to each bowl a Tablespoon of miso broth. Stir to dissolve and be sure broth is smooth. Divide the remaining broth/noodle mixture evenly into the two bowls. Stir and top with a tablespoon of cilantro leaves each.
- *Note: Use either pressed and frozen tofu. Or pre-bake tofu: In a medium baking dish, combine drained tofu with 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil, and Hot Sauce to taste. Combine and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.