Hearty, nourishing, delicious, nutritious, and dead easy to make. This red potato, onion and garlic broth, which I affectionately refer to, as my “Happy Peasant Soup” (do you like the smiley face I made in my photo?) is quite simply phenomenal. This phytochemical rich garlic broth will fight off any viral vampires you have to fight, whether it be a simple cold, flu, minor infection, Candida, immune disorder, or other nasty. This soup can’t hurt and can only help – and will keep our snouts happy like every self- respecting peasant before us! It is delicious! Vampires beware!| by The Blender Girl
- 1Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- 2Place the whole unpeeled garlic bulbs in a small tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
- 3Parcook the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir fry the onions until caramelized.
- 5Bring the veggie stock to the boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes, and then add the drained potatoes.
- 6Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp into the soup, season to taste, and stir through.
- 7Simmer for about 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, and the flavors infuse.
- 8Pulse very briefly with a hand blender so still relatively chunky and rustic
- 9Garnish with parsley and serve. YUM!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.