Raw Vegan Red Cabbage Salad Recipe
I love simple, raw, shredded salads, and this would be amongst my favorites.
The first time I ate a version of this salad, it was made, and served to me, by a very proud 8 year old. That is how quick and easy it is. What I love about this cabbage salad is the vibrant colors. The luscious purple of the cabbage, and the fresh green herbs. It is the perfect balance for my aesthetic sensibility, and my mild palate. I have always been partial to the simplicity of an olive oil and lemon juice dressing, and this is no exception. This salad is so refreshing on a Summer’s day, and can literally be made in 5 minutes.
- ½ head of organic red cabbage
- 2 bunches of flat leaf Italian parsley
- Juice of 2 lemons, or more to taste
- About ½ cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, or more to taste
- 8 spring (green) onions
- cracked pepper and Celtic sea salt for seasoning.
- Put cabbage, parsley, and onions into the food processor, and pulse quickly just a few times, until chopped roughly.
- Toss with olive oil and lemon, and season to taste. It is that easy.
- I have put the quantities as a rough guide – I probably use a LOT more olive oil and lemon juice. You might like less.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.