This omelet will rock your world! I found this recipe in a fantastic book called Healing Foods, that is sadly, no longer in print. Baked omelets are so quick and easy; and very low maintenance, in comparison with their stove top counterparts, who require constant attention. This delicious omelet is fantastic for lunch or dinner, or even an exotic breakfast or brunch?
Either way, share a life and love with this omelet and you won’t have egg on your face. Well you might. But you’re not going to mind.
- 1Heat the oil and sautee the garlic, and caramelize the onions. Add in the spring onions until just softened.
- 2Add in the fresh spinach and cook until just wilted.
- 3Transfer vegetable mixture to a quiche or pie dish, and stir in the fresh herbs and nuts.
- 4Beat eggs and milk in the blender on low for about 3 seconds, add a couple of pinches of Celtic sea salt and cracked pepper, and then pour over the vegetable and herb mixture.
- 5Bake in the oven at 180C/325F for about half an hour, or until set and lightly browned on top.
- 6Recipe adapted from a Lorenz Books title ‘Healing Foods for Special Diets’. For similar books and further information please visit Anness Publishing.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.