I can’t count the number of times I have made these delicious gluten-free muffins. They are quick, easy, and absolutely scrumptious. I used to “make a date” with my carrot grater on many a lazy Saturday afternoon, and make a quadruple batch to take for snacks at work; and there were many grateful snouts.
These muffins freeze really well. But I prefer the “straight out of the oven and gobble” approach. The piggy in me always feels like this is the way to get the most “bang for your buck” with gluten-free baking. Straight out of the oven, these muffins are moist, springy and just perfect. They have such a rich flavor that they don’t need any spread. In fact, I have had some people tell me they are a little too rich after consuming 3 or 4! Make a date with these muffins and you won’t be disappointed.
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- 2Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt, and mix evenly.
- 3Melt the honey in a small saucepan on low heat.
- 4Put in an electric mixer, or use a hand blender with a mixing bowl; add the eggs, milk, and oil and gently mix together. Blend in the honey.
- 5Keep the mixer running, and gradually add in the dry ingredients – mix thoroughly.
- 6Fold in the carrots and dates, and put into well-greased muffin tins, and bake for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.