Baked Asian Omelet Recipe
Whip up this quick easy Asian Omelet that is absolutely sensational.
I cannot rave enough about this omelet – it is just sublime. The first time I ate it – I literally I couldn’t pry it out, and devoured the whole thing in under 15 minutes!
This omelet is so quick and easy; and baked! I come home, prepare it, throw it in the oven, go take a shower, while my snout prepares for heaven. This is fantastic cut into wedges and served with a simple Asian salad for a meal; or cut into thin wedges or cubes for a wonderful starter.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red or green hot chili pepper finely chopped– seeds and placental skin removed
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped finely
- 2 cups of chopped shitake mushrooms
- 4 scallions/green onions sliced
- 8 organic free range eggs
- 1 bunch of Cilantro/Coriander chopped finely
- Just preheat the oven to 160 C/325 F
- Put the oils in a skillet, and gently saute the chili, ginger, onions, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until soft and well combined.
- Beat the eggs with a hand blender, and pour the mixture over the vegetables. Top with the herbs, and place the pan in the oven. Or transfer the mixture to a pie dish and cook for about 20 minutes until set. YUM! YUM! YUM!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.