Vegan Roasted Beetroot Dip Recipe
This roasted beetroot dip is one of the most incredible dips I have ever tasted. This might just be the best kept secret in the beet-loving world. I have shared this scrumptious dip with some staunch beet-phobe skeptics who took their first bite with a dreaded wince that quickly turned into a look of orgasmic surprise coupled with a mouse-like falsetto cry of “I didn’t know beets could taste this good”! Suffice it to say – they are now beet-loving converts. If anyone says they don’t like beets – this is the dip that will turn them around! Snouts far and wide agree – this dip is a stunner, a winner, and not to be missed!
Unlike a lot of the beetroot dips out there, this one is dairy-free; as well as egg-free, nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free. A perfect allergy-friendly treat to serve up at your next feast. Trust me, give this a spin in your food processor and you will not be disappointed. It is unbelievable!
- 4 cups raw beetroot cut into chunks / when roasted makes about 3 cups
- 1/8 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil or more for desired consistency
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 5 tsp finely chopped serrano chili (might need less depending on the chili)
- just over 3/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- just over 3/4 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsps fresh lemon juice to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Toss beets in a little bit of cold pressed olive oil and a pinch of Celtic sea salt and bake for about an hour or until tender. Check them periodically to make sure they don’t burn.
- Throw the beets into the food processor with all the cumin, coriander, salt, half the garlic, and half the chili. Drizzle in half the olive oil and pulse until well combined.
- Add in the rest of the olive oil gradually to reach your desired consistency.
- Now taste and adjust the quantities of chili, garlic and salt. This will depend on the heat of your chili.
- Stir through chopped cilantro and serve with pita breads, ciabatta or chips. YUM!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.