When I tell people that these brownies are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and soy free – the response is always “well, what’s in them?” I respond – pigilicious magic! I hit the jackpot with these brownies. They are not too sweet, and really tasty, with a moist texture and spring that is just right. I can’t get enough of them. You could always add more chocolate if you wanted a more decadent brownie. But I think they are great as they are! YUM!
- 1Preheat oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- 2Lightly grease a square 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
- 3Sift together the cocoa powder, flours, baking powder, xanthan and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a mixing bowl and an electric beater or spoon)
- 4Gently heat on a low flame one cup of the chocolate chips and agave until just melted and then stir in vanilla.
- 5Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined.
- 6Mix together mashed banana and apple sauce. Fold in this mixture into the chocolate batter.
- 7Fold in chopped dates.
- 8Spoon mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the mix.
- 10Place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- 11The brownies are done when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature before serving.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.