Classic Lemon Drop Recipe
Using fresh lemon juice instead of citrus-infused vodka keeps this cocktail fresh and light.
This recipe was featured as part of our New Year’s Eve cocktails.
- Fine sugar, for rimming the glass
- 1 thin lemon wedge
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- Pour enough sugar on a small plate to cover.
- Rub the lemon wedge on the outside rim of the chilled glass. Holding the glass at a 45-degree angle, dip the outside rim in the sugar, rotating as you do, so the entire rim is coated with sugar. (Avoid getting any sugar inside the glass.)
- Place the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker and fill halfway with ice. Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain into the sugar-rimmed glass and garnish with the lemon twist.