Whiskey Negroni Recipe
Under 5 mins
We’re seeing this variation on the Classic Negroni more and more, and we like what we taste. The formula is the same, just replace the gin with whiskey.
This recipe was featured as part of our New Year’s Eve cocktails.
- 1 ounce rye whiskey (or bourbon)
- 1 ounce Campari (Gran Glassico Bitter can also be used)
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, such as Carpano
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Place a cocktail or Old Fashioned glass in the freezer to chill.
- Combine the whiskey, Campari, and sweet vermouth in a cocktail shaker and fill it halfway with ice. Stir until the outside of the shaker is frosted. If you’re using an Old Fashioned glass, add ice cubes to it. Strain the drink into the chilled cocktail or Old Fashioned glass. Garnish with the orange twist.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved