During the late 1990s, it was impossible to enter a bar and not hear a few ladies (and occasionally some dudes) declare, “I’ll have a Cosmo!” Nowadays, the drink carries a shroud of shame—it’s pink and passé after all—but it’s still a tasty cocktail that packs a punch.
This recipe was featured as part of our New Year’s Eve cocktails roundup.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime slice, for garnish
- 1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- 2Combine the vodka, cranberry juice, Cointreau or triple sec, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and fill it halfway with ice. Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain into the chilled glass and garnish with the lime slice.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved