Poinsettia Punch Recipe
Under 5 mins, plus freezing time
A classic champagne cocktail, the Poinsettia is a festive orange-and-cranberry-flavored, rose-tinted punch. Use floating frozen orange slices and cranberries to keep the punch nicely chilled and nicely decorated.
Game plan: This punch is not served with ice, so make sure all the ingredients and the punch bowl are well chilled. If you have an extra bowl that’s larger than your punch bowl, fill it with ice and nestle the punch bowl inside to keep it cold.
This recipe was featured as part of our story on The Last Kodachrome Christmas.
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) orange slices, from about 2 oranges, for garnish
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, for garnish
- 3 cups chilled cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup chilled Cointreau
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles chilled brut sparkling wine or champagne
- Place the orange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet or dish and freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Place the fresh cranberries, if using, in a single layer on another baking sheet or dish and freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, place a punch bowl in the freezer or refrigerator to chill.
- When ready to serve, place the cranberry juice and Cointreau in the punch bowl and stir to combine. Add the sparkling wine or champagne. Float the frozen orange slices and cranberries in the punch and serve immediately.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved