Basic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
CHOW Food Team
Sweet potatoes need nothing more than a little seasoning and some time in the oven to be transformed into a satisfying side dish. Try them with our Honey-Mustard Glazed Ham for a tasty sweet-savory combination.
This recipe was featured as part of our Thanksgiving for Beginners menu.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the upper third.
- 2Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes. Cut them into 1-1/4-inch chunks and place in a large bowl.
- 3Add the brown sugar, a few tablespoons of oil (just enough to coat), a few large pinches of salt, and a couple of pinches of pepper and mix until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated. Spread on a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are lightly browned and roasted, about 30 minutes.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved