Basic Cranberry Sauce Recipe
No Thanksgiving table is complete without a bowl of cranberry sauce. Instead of using the canned stuff, make your own in just a half hour.
Game plan: The cranberry sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead. Store in the refrigerator and let come to room temperature before serving.
This recipe was featured as part of our Thanksgiving for Beginners menu.
- 12 ounces cranberries (3 cups), thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium orange
- Juice of half a medium orange
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the cranberries are soft and start to fall apart, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool—the sauce will thicken as it cools.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved