This is a terrific dish I did a few months ago for TheKitchenHotline.com. You can substitute any fish, even salmon or tuna and it will still be amazing. I serve it with a Southwestern Pilaf. I’ll post that recipe as well.
- 4 6-ounce Halibut filets
- 1 TBL chili powder (ancho for mild and chipotle for spicy)
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBL canola oil
- 1Season the Halibut with salt, pepper, chili powder and lime zest.
- 2Heat a large pan to medium high and sauté each filet until brown on one side, roughly 7 minutes.
- 3Turn each filet and baste with lime juice (reserving some). Cook for 4 – 7 minutes more.
- 4Baste with remaining lime juice just before serving.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved