Tipsy Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Recipe
Some say bacon makes everything better; I say Nutella is the magic enhancer. And here, hazelnut liqueur enhances the flavors of the chocolate-hazelnut spread. You could also use a different nut liqueur like walnut, for double nuttiness.
This recipe was featured as part of our Hot Boozy Drinks photo gallery.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Place milk, Nutella, and 2 tablespoons of the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk until the Nutella has melted and been incorporated.
- Reduce the heat to low, add 3 tablespoons of the hazelnut liqueur and the brandy, and stir to combine. Heat until hot (do not boil), then turn off the heat.
- Place the remaining 6 tablespoons cream in a medium bowl and whisk until nearly stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon liqueur and whisk until just incorporated. Transfer the hot chocolate to heatproof serving glasses, top with a dollop of whipped cream, and serve.