I saw this recipe in a magazine and had to try it, looked so good. I always have a bunch of bananas in my freezer waiting to be used and this cake looked liked it would be worth trying. I have to say it was delicious and the cream cheese frosting was a perfect topping for it.
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour three 9-in. round cake pans, tapping out the excess flour. In a bowl, whisk together the first 3 dry ingredients; set aside. Toast pecans; set aside to cool. Mash bananas and measure out 2 cups; set aside.
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy , about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas and vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in 3/4 cup of the pecans. Divide evenly into prepared pans.
- 1Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 1For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add vanilla. Spread only between layers and over top of cake. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of pecans.
- 2See other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.