Celery and Olive Orzo Salad Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup small-dice red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus more as needed
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup small-dice celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1/2 cup picholine olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the onion and measured vinegar in a large, nonreactive bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain well and place in the bowl with the onion-vinegar mixture.
- Add the chickpeas, celery, olives, olive oil, and herbs and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and additional red wine vinegar as needed. Serve at room temperature.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved