Celery and Olive Orzo Salad Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup small-dice red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus more as needed
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup small-dice celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1/2 cup picholine olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the onion and measured vinegar in a large, nonreactive bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain well and place in the bowl with the onion-vinegar mixture.
- Add the chickpeas, celery, olives, olive oil, and herbs and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and additional red wine vinegar as needed. Serve at room temperature.