I came up with the recipe for a Nutella Challenge on a blog I read. To find out more about the nutella challenge stop by http://flouronmyface.blogspot.com
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cream cheese topping first.
- 2Grease and line an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray and parchment paper. The parchment paper makes it so much easier to get the brownies out of the pan so you can cut them.
- 3Using a hand held mixer cream together butter, sugar and 1 tbs flour.
- 4Add cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- 5Scrap bowl and add egg.Beat until the topping is nice and creamy. Scrap bowl again and add nutella. Beat about one minute or until the nutella is mixed into the cream cheese mixture completely.
- 6Set topping aside.
- 7Mix brownie batter. Sift 3/4 cups flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
- 8In a small bowl cream 1/2 stick softened butter. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and beat well.
- 9Fold egg, sugar, butter and vanilla mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- 10Now let me warn you. Your going to think that there isn’t enough brownie batter. Don’t worry, there is.
- 11Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into the bottom of the 8×8 baking dish. The brownie batter is very thick. Spray a spatula with cooking spray. It makes spreading the batter into the corners of the pan so much easier.
- 12On top of the brownie batter spread 3/4 of the cream cheese topping. Randomly dollop the remaining brownie batter and cream cheese topping over the layer brownie batter in the pan.
- 13Swirl with a tooth pick or the tip of a knife.
- 14Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes. If you like your brownies a bit gooey then bake them for 40 minutes. For a dense cake like brownie bake for 50 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.