La Paloma Divorcio Recipe
Clients introduced this Mexican drink to me just on the other side of the border. Favors a lot like a Margarita but goes down way too fast. All the ingredients are served to the guest individually (aka divorced) and they mix the drink on their own. Which is fun!
- Salted rim of a glass of ice
- Salt shaker
- Jigger of fresh lime
- Jigger of a nice Tequila
- A small bottle or glass of Squirt. (it's a soft drink that hints of grapefruit)
- “Burn the Ice” as the Mexicans call it. In reality you are dusting the ice in the glass with the salt shaker. The effect is that the ice get pitted by the salt and makes it pleasantly easy to chew. So dust the ice and let is sit for a bit to pit.
- After you “Burn the Ice” pour about half the jigger of lime into the glass and slosh it around smartly.
- Pour some or all of jigger of Tequila into the glass
- Splash in some of the squirt and swirl with the straw.
- Your drink is now ready to enjoy but now what makes it even more fun while you drink it is you add a little more of any of the divorced ingredients to get it just how you like it. I’m serious, this drink tastes way to good and goes down way too fast!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.