This Arugula pesto recipe has a gourmet surprise. A touch golden raisins to create a sweet off set to the rich full flavor of the gorgonzola cheese. A Foodie Delight!
If you’ve spent anytime on this site you’ll know how much of a nut I am about pesto recipes. (No pun intended). This one reminds me of one of my favorites.
A Southern Italian Pesto with golden sweet raisins and capers. I just love the contraction in flavors. Sweet and salty or spicy.
This is a walnut pesto with a gourmet twist and a unique vegetarian pasta sauce if veggies are your thing.
- 1Bring a pot of boiling water to a boil and begin cooking the farfalle pasta al dente.
- 2Place the arugula into a food processor along with the garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Use the technique of scrapping the sides of the processor periodically as you blend the ingredients.
- 3Then add the walnuts and blend again until smooth.
- 4Scrap out the blended ingredients into a bowl and slowly drizzle in the amount of Olive Oil to give it the consistency you like. I use about 3-5 table spoons.
- 5Drain the Farfalle pasta when it’s al dente but reserve a ¼ cup of the pasta water for the saute pan.
- 6Toss the pasta into the saute pan with the water, the raisins and remaining walnuts and heat on medium low for a couple of minutes or until the raisins become plump and tender.
- 7Remove from the heat and add the arugula pesto into the pan and toss again.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.