Dill Pickles Recipe
My garden is over run by cucumbers—in fact, we have a total cucumber infestation, so I am busy pickling away. This recipe for Dill Pickles is one of my favorites.
- 6 small gherkin cucumbers (whole), or 1-2 large cucumbers, sliced into spears
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons celtic sea salt
- 3 cups water
- Wash cucumbers and place in a wide mouth quart sized Ball jar
- Place garlic, bay leaves and dill in jar with cucumbers
- Close jar and let sit for one hour
- Mix salt and water together
- Fill jar containing cucumbers and seasoning to the top with salt water mixture
- Let sit in a cool place for 7 days
- Store in fridge after opening
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.