Lime and Chile-Garlic Vinaigrette
This Thai-inspired dressing gets zip from freshly squeezed lime juice and chile-garlic paste. The fish sauce adds umami, while the sugar balances out the vinegar. Try it mixed into rice noodles with cilantro and peanuts for a quick noodle salad, or over grilled fish for a burst of flavor.
What to buy: Look for chile-garlic paste in the Asian section of your supermarket. We like the one made by Huy Fong Foods (with the rooster on the jar).
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chile-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
Place all ingredients except the oil in a medium, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking continuously, until all of it is incorporated. Refrigerate the dressing in a container with a tightfitting lid for up to 3 days.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved