Chocolate Banana Cream Pie Recipe
My husband loves banana cream pie, and I love chocolate, so I decided to combine the two and the result was better than either one of us could imagine. It is delicious, and has tuned out to be a favorite.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inch), baked
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add milk and cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add a small amount to egg yolks; mix well. Return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour half into the pastry shell; cover and refrigerate. Add chocolate to remaining custard; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Do not stir. Arrange bananas over filling. Carefully spoon chocolate custard over all. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- See more great recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.