Walnut Sage Fettuccine Recipe
This is a delicious vegan and gluten free pasta recipe that takes very little time to prepare. Walnuts and sage dominate the flavor of the creamy sauce, and walnut pieces provide some texture; turning a few simple ingredients into a hearty meal.
- 1 cup walnuts chopped finely, plus 1 cup coarsely crushed walnuts
- 12 oz silken tofu, extra firm
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling onto pasta
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 package (12oz) fettuccine noodles, gluten free or regular
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In food processor, combine 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, 12 oz silken tofu, 1 cube vegetable bouillon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/3 cup almond milk, sea salt, and sage leaves. Puree until smooth. Sauce will appear liquidy.
- Drain pasta, (if using gluten-free pasta, rinse with cold water) and while still in colander, drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss pasta with sauce and half of the amount of the larger crushed walnuts. Place into serving dishes and top with the remaining crushed walnuts.
- Serve hot.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.